Vitamin C benefits the skin greatly and is essential in many different facets of human health. It is one of the building blocks of leading a healthy lifestyle, and it has so many wonderful benefits to offer each and every one of us. In fact, this vitamin, whether you get it in food or supplement form, plays a major role in preventing and possibly even reversing all types of unwanted health conditions.
Understanding all of the major benefits of vitamin C is good for everyone. You may be
lacking in it and feel that taking supplements are a complete waste of time. You are only fooling yourself if you feel this way, and we would like to finally pull the figurative brown paper bag off of your head so that you can finally begin seeing clearly once again.
With that out of the way, we are going to take a look at a couple of things relating to this potent vitamin. First, we will look at the amount that the average person should consume. And then we are going to share a laundry list of incredible benefits that will ultimately show you why this is such an important vitamin and supplement that everyone needs to take.
Is There a Specific Amount of Vitamin C to Consume?
As far as the amount to consume goes, it is different for everyone at different age group levels. According to the prestigious Mayo Clinic, here is a breakdown to show you the exact amount that certain age groups and genders should consume on a daily basis:
- For adult men and women – the lowest amount to take is anywhere between 65 mg to 90 mg a day. On the upper end of the scale, it is safe to take as much is 2000 mg of it per day.
- For children between the ages of four and eight – it is safe for children between the ages of four and eight to take 25 mg of vitamin C per day.
- For children between the ages of nine and 13 – for this age group, it is recommended that both boys and girls take 45 mg of vitamin C per day.
- For teenage boys up to 18 years old – in this age bracket is okay to take as much is 65 mg per day.
- For adolescent teenage girls up to 18 years old – it is recommended that they take as much a 75 mg per day.
As you can see, age plays a role in the amount of vitamin C that everyone should take. Pay close attention to the guidelines and use this excellent supplement as directed.
The Benefits of Vitamin C
As you can imagine, there are many wonderful benefits that you will experience when you begin taking this awesome nutrient on a daily basis.
Those benefits include:
- It’s a great way to treat the symptoms of the common cold – nobody likes it, but we all get sick from time to time. The common cold rears its ugly head more often during the icy winter months. If you are experiencing symptoms of the common cold, and you’d like to get rid of them as quickly as possible, it’s highly recommended that you begin taking vitamin C supplements as soon as possible. This nutrient can help prevent colds as well, but even more importantly, it is known to help reduce the severity of the symptoms of a cold since it is a natural anti-histamine.
- It’s a natural way to cure some of the most devastating skin problems – skin care is incredibly important, and this is especially true as we age. Vitamin C is great because it is an excellent way to treat many skin problems. You’ll find it in lots of today’s moisturizers, masks and face packs, and the reason why is because it helps to provide the skin with a natural and beautiful glow. It’s great because it’s the perfect supplement to help reduce the signs of aging and wrinkles, and it’s also a powerful supplement in the fact that it can help to eliminate sagging skin by in perusing skin elasticity. This nutrient also protects the skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, so that no harm will come to your beautiful skin.
- Vitamin C is known to help to heal wounds – whether you know it or not, it is a potent supplement that is a big part of collagen production in the human body. And as we know, producing collagen is especially helpful when it comes to healing all types of wounds. It’s a great way to heal deep wounds or minor scrapes, but it can do so much more than that. When taking vitamin C, it helps to boost the healing process so that you can overcome burns and even broken bones.
- It’s a powerful supplement to help with stress relief and prevention – we live in a society where many people are experiencing a tremendous amount of stress on a daily basis. And unfortunately for many of us, we do not have a great way to relieve ourselves of the pressure. So it continues to mount and make us sicker and sicker. Well, taking this supplement is a great way to feel relieved of some of that stress. It has an influential effect on the nervous system, and when taken in sufficient levels, it can help to lower stress hormones like adrenaline, and this will limit the fight or flight response and keep it to a minimum.
- It’s the perfect supplement to help lower your cholesterol levels – one of the scariest things about today’s medical health epidemic is that so many people are struggling to lower their cholesterol levels. We are currently dealing with an inordinate amount of health crises of the worst order, and many people are suffering from problems like heart attacks, stroke, diabetes and more. As far as heart attacks and stroke go, they are directly tied to the level of cholesterol in your blood. By taking vitamin C supplements, you will help to lower the amount of cholesterol in your blood stream so that you can get it back to a normal level. This is a great way to boost your health by lowering cholesterol and potentially preventing becoming a heart attack and stroke victim.
- Vitamin C helps to regulate blood sugar levels – if you are diabetic, then you know firsthand just how important it is to get your blood sugar back to a lower level. Many unfortunate diabetics have to take insulin in order to make this happen, and there are certain side effects that most people suffering from diabetes would rather avoid. Another excellent way to help lower blood sugar levels is to begin taking a vitamin C supplement on a daily basis. By taking it regularly, you will experience the benefits that it provides by helping to lower blood sugar levels and prevent against further complications caused by diabetes.
- Vitamin C is a cancer fighting ingredient – whether you know it or not, this nutrient is also an excellent vitamin to help fight against the war on cancer. While it’s impossible to tell you that taking more of it is going to be the recipe to cure what ails you, it is okay to say that high doses of vitamin C, based on studies, were responsible for helping to provide a cancer killing effect and aid in the healing process along with chemotherapy drugs. Plus, chemotherapy unfortunately harms otherwise healthy cells. By taking this substance along with chemo, you will help to restore the health of your other cells that are not stricken with cancer.
- It can help reduce neurological disorder development – in a German study, it was discovered that when people had extremely low levels of beta-carotene, lycopene and vitamin C, most of the patients suffered from dementia. What this suggests to us is that by boosting the levels of this nutrient, we are also preventing or reducing the possibility of experiencing dementia as we age. This is a positive sign for other neurological disorders as well. By taking vitamin rich supplements on a regular basis, especially as you get older, it can help to limit the instances that people unfortunately suffer from Alzheimer’s disease.
- It’s a great way to fight back against arthritis symptoms – vitamin C is an excellent supplement that also helps to fight against the symptoms of arthritis. When collagen levels collapse, many people often experience arthritis symptoms. As we know, the supplement helps to replenish collagen levels, so it only makes sense that taking more of it is going to help boost collagen production and relieve the symptoms of arthritis at the same time.
All in all, vitamin C is a very versatile supplement. Everybody should take it, because it could help alleviate the symptoms of so many different potential physical problems including cancer, diabetes, heart attack, stroke, skin conditions, arthritis and so many more.
We hope you found this information useful and informative. Please make sure to take a high quality vitamin C supplement daily to help improve your health all across the board.
Below, find various vitamin c serum reviews.