Have you ever wondered whether or not your current city influences your skin? I understand that Monday’s are not the best days to share bad news but I couldn’t hold this in any longer…We all want to look flawless and it’s unfortunate that some of us can’t avoid getting blemishes. Some of us simply look at genetics, hormonal development or even other factors that are basically out of our control (for the most part).
Well, the famous RoC Skincare line did a study and it helped us realize just how many factors influence the quality and condition of our skin. Unfortunately, we don’t have any control over a few things but some we do. If you want to clear up your skin then you might need to think about moving!
RoC Skincare did a study on metropolitan areas throughout the United States and they ranked cities based on which were the riskiest locations in terms of damage and aging. They went through fifty cities and ranked them based on the damage that can be caused in the cities by 2040.
There are certain cities that are just horrible for your skin. It should come as no shocker that Philadelphia, PA is predicted to be the worst place to live for your skin by 2040. Reason being, it’s a metropolitan area with lots of pollution. The people living in that city are also extremely stressed out (according to the research).
The current worst place for your skin is called Riverside and it’s the worst because of weather, pollution and the amount of commuting people do in their cars.
Based on the research conducted, San Jose is projected to be the best place to live for healthy skin in 2040. The small population and moist climate is healthy for your skin.
Yahoo posted these stats first but I wanted to do the same for our readers. Here’s a full list of the top 50 cities that wrinkle-prone. They have been listed from Most to the least wrinkle-prone predictions.
What is most important here is that that you find out where your city is listed on the list. In the event that you’re living in a city or location that might be bad for your skin, then you need to start taking action now! Don’t wait too long because it is for your health and there is nothing more important than that.
2040 Skin Condition Forecast: Most to Least Wrinkle-Prone Cities in the United States
1. Philadelphia, PA
2. Denver-Aurora, CO
3. Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA
4. Chicago-Naperville-Arlington Heights, IL
5. Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
6. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
7. Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
8. New York, NY
9. Warren, MI
10. Edison, NJ
11. Portland-Vancouver-Beaverton, OR-WA
12. Pittsburgh, PA
13. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA
14. Nassau County-Suffolk County, NY
15. Boston-Quincy, MA
16. Baltimore-Towson, MD
17. St. Louis, MO-IL
18. Newark, NJ-PA
19. Providence-New Bedford-Fall River, RI-MA
20. Cambridge-Newton-Framingham, MA
21. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
22. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
23. Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, TN
24. Cincinnati-Middletown, OH-KY-IN
25. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale, CA
26. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
27. Kansas City, MO-KS
28. Indianapolis-Carmel, IN
29. Columbus, OH
30. Miami-Miami Beach-Kendall, FL
31. Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord, NC-SC
32. Orlando-Kissimmee, FL
33. Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, WI
34. Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
35. Cleveland-Elyria-Mentor, OH
36. Dallas-Plano-Irving, TX
37. Las Vegas-Paradise, NV
38. Oakland-Hayward-Berkeley, CA
39. Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville, CA
40. Austin-Round Rock, TX
41. Detroit-Dearborn-Livonia, MI
42. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA
43. Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach-Deerfield Beach, FL
44. San Antonio, TX
45. Santa Ana, CA
46. San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco, CA
47. Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News, VA-NC
48. Jacksonville, FL
49. West Palm Beach-Boca Raton-Delray Beach, FL
50. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA