In this article, we will thoroughly dissect clogged pores. For many of us, this is a serious problem that leads to excessive acne, blackheads, whiteheads and all-around unattractive skin due to the nature of the situation.
If you suffer in silence with this problem, please be aware that there is help. We will tell you the reasons why you may be experiencing congested pores, and then we will fill you in on ways that you can go about unclogging them. If you implement the suggestions that we are about to share with you today, this problem will become a thing of the past. You’ll no longer need to spend as much time worrying about unsightly skin blemishes.
Do you often find yourself attempting to cover up unpleasant skin imperfections before going on a big date? Are you constantly trying to hide zits, blackheads or whiteheads? If you answered yes to either of those questions, this information is exactly what the dermatologist ordered!
What are the Main Causes of Clogged Pores?
Click on an item below to learn more.
1. Dehydrated skin
See also: What causes dry skin?
2. Improper cleansing
See also: How often should I clean my face?
3. Excessive production of oil
4. Excessive amounts of dead skin cell build up
See also: How do I exfoliate my skin?
5. Working and playing in dirty environments
See also: Do charcoal face washes actually work?
6. Genetic issues
See also: What causes wrinkles around the face?
7. Heavy sweating
8. Improper diet
See also: How does my diet affect my skin?
9. Touching your face
See also: What type of skin do I have?
How to Get Rid of and Cure Clogged Pores
- Properly hydrating the skin – proper skin hydration is one of the keys to having the best looking skin possible. When your skin cells are moist and hydrated, they have the ability to function at their best. Otherwise your skin cells become dry, and this will lead to clogged pores, which you obviously want to avoid at all costs.
- Deep pore cleansing – when you take your skin seriously, you will begin to practice deep pore cleansing. Proper skin hydration is only one part of the process, and you need to regularly remove the residues from your skin on a deeper level in order to experience the maximum benefits. Use an alcohol free toner or skin conditioner with cotton balls, and gently scrub your skin to remove dirt, grease and grime. Keep wiping until your last cotton ball comes away clean.
- Proper skincare regimen – the best way to avoid congested pores is to create a proper skin care regimen. Once you have this skincare regimen in place, you will regularly take care of your skin and never have to worry about clogged pore issues any longer because you’ll be right on top of it.
- Following the ideal diet – following the right diet is essential to keeping your pores clean and clear. Based on studies, the best way to prevent blocked pores through diet is to eat low glycemic foods and avoid certain foods on the high glycemic index. The types of food that you should eat in plentiful amounts are whole grains, dark leafy vegetables, cruciferous vegetables, beans and low G.I. fruit to name a few of your options. You should avoid all forms of junk food including potato chips, candy, refined grain cereals, corn muffins and other sweet foods.
- Using exfoliates – using exfoliates is another way to really get deep down into the pores to remove the clogs that are causing unsightly skin blemishes. By using exfoliates, you give yourself the best chance at avoiding unsightly and unwanted skin breakouts. One natural way to exfoliate is to use coconut oil, which has numerous benefits.
- Detoxifying skin masks – if you pay close attention, detoxifying skin masks pretty much tell the whole story. You are going to detoxify your skin, unclog your pores, remove chemicals, dirt, grime and anything else that could potentially cause blockages, and keep them clean and clear so that skin blemishes become a thing of the past.
- Using products containing essential oils – essential oils are a fantastic way to free up and clear out congested pores. Why are essential oils so effective? Simply put, they help to balance the levels of inflammation, bacteria and oil production, all the while stimulating lymph in circulation.
Nobody wants to walk through life with clogged pores. Nobody wants to have zits, blackheads and whiteheads all over their face, neck and chest. After reading the information presented above, you now know why your pores clog, and you also know exactly what you need to do in order to prevent this from happening.
If you already have clogged pores, use some of the solutions that we have provided to rid yourself of this condition. At the end of the day, it’s up to you as to whether or not your pores stay clear. So put together a proper skin care regimen and take care of yourself.