I did what any right-minded individual would do when they come across a new skin care line. You guessed it, I headed straight to Amazon to read the reviews. Find out what I learned about the Saranghae skin care line and everything important about it that you need to know before making a purchase. My review covers it all…
Complete Review of Saranghae Skin Care
Maybe you have heard of the Korean 10 Step skin care routine. For those that don’t know it, it’s a routine that involves ten skin treatment steps starting with 1. an oil cleanser, 2. foam cleanser, 3. exfoliator, 4. toner, 5. essence, 6. serum, 7. mask, 8. eye cream, 9. face cream and 10. SPF. This is an effective, yet very time-consuming routine for which most people don’t have the time for. No other way around it, to be frank, that is, until now!
The Saranghae skin care brand has taken the 10-step routine and transformed it into a five-step program. Seeing all the steps involved in the Korean 10-step routine, one may wonder how it’s even possible to fit all of these into a five-step program. Well, guess what, you’re about to find out. But first, allow me to share some background information about the company.
I’ll kick things off with the founding story. The Saranghae story began in a small village in South Korea where a family of healers started writing down and journalizing all the effects of the medicinal herbs and plants, that later became known as the Dongui Bogam. Many, many years later, in 1940, the descendants of the family of healers used the knowledge in the Dongui Bogam to create a cream for treating severely burned skin. After people saw just how effective it was, it became so popular that the news of its effectiveness spread across the country.
It was around 1998 when another descendant, Lee Min Jun decided to create a brand that would continue the long family tradition. Thus Saranghae was born. The company today makes products that are the result of long traditional methods, modern technology, and innovation.
Their products are full of botanical extracts and only contain natural ingredients, no synthetic fluff here. Their goal is reflected in their products and their dedication to their customers. The website is nice, user-friendly and designed quite well for consumer use. I dove into the site and found that all the information they share is quite useful. Providing explanations about skin issues, the main factors that cause skin damage such as like age, loss of moisture retention and environmental damage, as well as an in-depth explanation of the used ingredients, was great to read. Not all companies share this information, I’m glad this one does!
The Saranghae products contain what one may refer to as “innovative formulas” which are said to bring the best out in your skin. Their Research and Development Department has teamed up with the University of Seoul in South Korea and together they have created products that are powerful and effective.
The use of the super extracts makes for a highly concentrated extract that contains all the natural ingredients necessary without any loss of nutrients. They use no heat involved in the creation process which that can sometimes damage the extracts.
Their products contain natural extracts e.g. black truffle, sugar cane extract, mulberry tree extract, cypress, ginseng, green tea, macadamia, pasque flower, Sang Hwang mushroom, sunflower seed oil, tea tree, and marigold extract. There are also plenty of minerals like gold and charcoal, as well as adenosine and hyaluronic acid which we all know are well-liked and even desired.
All of the ingredients are specifically chosen for their high potency and excellent healing properties. To keep in with tradition, the Saranghae products are vegan and are not tested on animals. Who the hell wants to hurt an animal when making a product anyway?
To protect their formulas/recipes and make them fresh for as long as possible, they use their own trademarked natural preservative known as SH-Napre. This technology uses a Multiple Liquid Crystal Emulsion which helps with the blending of many ingredients without the use of artificial emulsifiers. This reflects Saranghae’s devotion to innovation, yet sticking with the use of natural ingredients to be delivered to customers.
Time to get to the bottom of these products…As always, you will want to get permission from a doctor before testing them out. The Saranghae products are meant to be used as a five-step routine, and as such, they come in an Anti-Aging Bundle that includes all the products. Sure, you have the option to purchase each product separately. But why on earth would you want to do that? Take a look below to get a better understanding of what the five-step routine encompasses.
Saranghae Five-Step Routine
- Nourishing and Moisturizing Oil + Foam Cleanser – This product contains black truffle extract and gold. It’s a very powerful blend that cleans and unclogs pores, effectively removing makeup, excess oil, dirt, and It has the power of both oil and foam cleansers and it leaves the skin clean, moisturized, and softer than you can even imagine.
- Deep Radiance Essence + Serum – For the record, we love serums! This serum gets deep into your skin, releasing the amino acids, vitamins, and antioxidants when and where necessary. It contains sang Hwang mushroom extract, collagen, plant-based placenta, elastin, and hyaluronic acid (yes, that fan favorite). The powerful antioxidants act on the free radicals, and the serum balances the pH level of the skin, preventing inflammation. The lightweight formula penetrates deep into the skin, delivering nothing but essential nutrients into the deepest part of your skin.
- Firm and Lift Regeneration Cream – This product is intended for moisturizing, hydrating and rejuvenating. Made with 20% Sang Hwang mushroom extract, as well as other important botanical extracts, amino acids, antioxidants and peptides, this cream helps the skin no doubt about it. It’s a strong formula that stimulates collagen production, repairs damaged skin cells, reduce inflammation as well as age spots, and visibly reduces the appearance of wrinkles. What’s not to love here?
- Focus Renewal Eye Cream – Okay, this is a cream specifically designed to help the soft, thin skin around the eyes. This formula is also made with Sang Hwang mushroom extract. It also contains adenosine, vitamin B3, collagen, elastin, ceramides and essential fatty acids that reduce wrinkles, lift and firm the skin. Chances are you’ll have that refreshed look in the under eye region due to brightening the dark circles under your eyes.
- Elemental Essence Mask – This is the last step of the Saranghae five-step routine. This step involves a face mask made from lightweight microfiber infused with hyaluronic acid, peony tree extract, Asiatic pennywort extract, and chamomile extract. It has a luxurious feel and it delivers results. There is a reduction of the pigmentation, reduction of wrinkles and fine lines, and a reduction in the redness and inflammation as a result of using it.
Steps four and five are optional. The most important thing for any skin routine is the cleansing phase which keeps your pores unclogged. There are also several other products made by Saranghae, and more details about those can be found on their website – click here to see more.
Saranghae products can be purchased as a bundle or separately via their website. The website offers the five-step routine as a bundle or a reduced bundle with only three products. There’s also a VIP membership option that offers significant discounts and other little perks.
Consumers can also find the Five-Step Bundle on large online retailers such as Amazon. You’ll find lots of reviews there too.
Based on my research, the Saranghae brand advertises and claims to be able to do a few things. Guess what, they’re able to come through with those claims and the Amazon buyers seem to agree with this. If you’re looking for that K-Beauty treatment in a condensed version, then this is the product for you.