Scars can be a difficult thing to learn to live with, and this is especially true if they are noticeable and in areas that are visible to the naked eye. Most people are fine if they have a scar on an area of their body that is usually covered up. But when they have scars on their face, hands, neck and other visible areas, they are often extremely uncomfortable and self-conscious in certain situations.
Thankfully Mederma scar removal cream is making a huge impact on the lives of many people suffering with unsightly scars. This cream works wonders, and it really helps to diminish the appearance of these unappealing blemishes.
What Is Mederma Scar Cream?
To start things off, it’s important to know that Mederma scar cream is probably the most powerful formula on the market today. It is created with onion extract, and this seems to be the key ingredient that helps to reduce skin inflammation and lessen the appearance of scars.
In fact, a study that took place during 2007 recognized that the onion extract had properties that were capable of reducing inflammation and minimizing scar damage. The onion extract is known to shrink scars, and according to the manufacturer, Mederma products are capable of getting rid of old and new scars, and just about all types, shapes, and sizes.
Mederma Scar Cream Products Currently Available for Purchase
At the time of this writing, there are currently five different types of Mederma scar creams available to purchase. Each cream exists with its own specific benefits that we will explain below.
The five creams include:
- Mederma Scar Cream Plus SPF 30 – for the most part, this scar removal cream contains the majority of the same ingredients available in the other products. But it also takes things to the next level by including sunscreen as part of the formulation. As we know, the sun will actually darken the appearance of scars on the surface and make them more noticeable. By using sunscreen, you are protecting yourself from this potential problem.
- Mederma PM Intensive Overnight Scar Cream – this formula was specifically designed to work its magic at night. This nighttime formulation is excellent because it will help the skin regenerate faster. The formula contains collagen, peptides and antioxidants that will all promote healthier and better looking skin.
- Mederma Advanced Scar Gel – this advanced formula is so powerful you only have to use it once per day. The other formulas require two applications each day.
- Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy – the name says it all, because this cream contains hyaluronic acid and botanical ingredients that are perfect for skin moisturization. They help to remove stretch marks and prevent stretch marks from forming at a later date.
- Mederma for Kids – this product comes in the form of a gel. It is purple and has a grape scent that kids seem to really like.
What Makes Mederma Different Than Other Scar Creams?
This company has performed numerous clinical trials on their products. During one such trial, they discovered that people who use the advanced scar gel will notice a 36% improvement in the reduced appearance of their scars.
The specific trial that we are referencing took place over an eight week period. Eight weeks is roughly the amount of time that one bottle of the advanced scar cream should last, if applying it to a small or medium sized scar.
Most significantly, the biggest benefits occurred with the feel and texture of the scar. Most people find that this is great because it will look and feel much better. Not only that, but the advanced cream has been known to lighten the appearance of scars and change the color as well.
How Long Will It Take for the Mederma Scar Cream to Work?
You might be wondering how long it will take for this scar cream to work.
For the most part, you should notice improvements in the reduction of your scars in about four weeks. But there are a number of factors that make this vary.
When using it on smaller scars, you can expect them to begin disappearing quicker than larger scars. The larger scars may take as much as a few months before you begin noticing a major difference.
Skin regeneration happens on a 28 day cycle. Since most scars are deeply embedded within the skin, you may have to shed multiple layers of dead skin cells before you start noticing a major difference.
How Do I Use This Product to Get the Greatest Benefits?
To experience the biggest benefits, there are a number of things that we recommend you do to take full advantage of scar creams.
For starters, it’s very easy to use all of these products. Just follow the directions on the bottle and use them once or twice a day, depending on the particular product that you have.
Daily skin maintenance is a must when it comes to the removal of scars. If a scar is newer, it will have a tendency to disappear quicker. If a scar is older, give it time and continue to apply the cream for maximum results.
Mederma Pros and Cons
- simple to buy and readily available
- low prices
- simple to use
- the best treatment for surface scars and available in cream and gel form
- cannot treat all scar types
- the product does contain chemicals
Having visible scars can create major problems for many people. They look at their scars quite negatively and feel that they ruin their overall appearance.
If you have scars of any type, do not be afraid. There are options available to you to minimize the appearance of these unsightly blemishes.
Instead of doing nothing, why not try Mederma scar cream? It has an excellent track record and if you take some time to read their online reviews, you’ll see that many previous happy customers have used this product line with great success.
Forget about unwanted nasty scars. They are going to be a thing of the past after you begin using Mederma scar cream.