If there’s one thing that I love to eat, it’s honey. I’m a sucker for this sweet treat and I use it on my sweet potatoes and other foods. However, I’m here today to talk about one simple subject, manuka honey acne. That’s right, manuka honey can help you clear up your acne. After hearing plenty of people talk about how awesome this honey really is, I had to investigate things further for myself.
Does Manuka Honey Clear Up Acne?
In short, the answer to that question is yes! It most definitely does clear up your acne. I’m going to teach you how to use this honey for acne so that you do it the right way and you don’t further damage your skin. Remember, just because it’s good for you, doesn’t mean that it can’t make things worse. Before you take any action, be sure to read this entire article and understand how to properly incorporate manuka honey into your skin care regimen before doing so!
But first, let me cover some fun facts about manuka honey….
- It’s harvested far away from the United States in New Zealand.
- It is super potent and has awesome antibacterial qualities.
- People have used this honey for longer than you can imagine. They use it to dress their wounds in an attempt to prevent infection from forming.
- You’ll want to incorporate and Unique Manuka Factor “UMF” of 16 or greater for skin care use.
- This type of honey is not cheap by any means.
Reasons Why It Works
I’ll share a few reasons why this miracle honey works so well for clearing up acne. One of the main reasons it’s such a good ingredient is due to the fact that it has great anti-inflammatory properties. These properties help to reduce inflammation, swelling, and redness that occurs when you break out.
It also works well due to the fact that it has antibacterial properties. This helps ignite the healing process and reduce the pain and severity of the acne breakouts.
Lastly, it works well because it hydrates your skin. The manuka honey helps balance your skin out and for those that have bad acne, they often suffer from dehydrated skin.
Things To Watch Out For
If you’re going to use this honey on your skin, then you best understand that this doesn’t work well for all individuals. Some people just react differently to different natural products. For the majority of us, the benefits certainly outweigh to cons of using it. What I would suggest is giving your body two weeks to decide if this honey treatment works well for you.
How To Incorporate Manuka Honey Into Your Regimen
There are a few different ways that you can attempt to incorporate this ingredient into your skin regimen. I’m going to go over each of the different ways that you can attempt to do so.
Honey Face Mask
You can start by trying to incorporate a weekly manuka honey face mask into your routine. It’s really great for those that have excessive scarring and redness. If you’re prone to infection on your entire face then this mask will help. The antibacterial effect is awesome on your skin.
Steps to using a Manuka Honey Face Mask
- Wash your face
- Apply a layer of honey on your face (use a spoon or your fingers)
- Massage the honey into your skin
- Let it sit for 30 minutes (no longer than 60 minutes max)
- Rinse your face to remove the honey
Honey Facial Cleanser
This type of treatment is really good for people that want to remove bacteria and avoid having to sit around with a sticky honey mask on for an hour. It’s great because it helps soften your skin and it’s perfect for those that have overly sensitive skin. Here are the steps to take if you want to use this natural honey cleanser.
- Make sure your skin is dry
- Remove all makeup before applying the cleanser
- Apply the cleanser to dry skin
- Massage your skin for about a minute, concentrating on the problem areas
- Hop in the shower and rinse your face and body with warm water and a gentle cleanser
- Pat your skin dry and apply whatever moisturizer product that you apply on a daily basis
- If you are prone to developing oily skin, then you might want to wash your face twice
Spot Treat Acne With Manuka Honey
The beauty of this miracle ingredient is that it can work even on the smallest pimples and acne ridden areas. It’s literally one of the simplest ways to reduce any inflammation and help move along the healing process. You don’t really need much of this to make it effective. It makes the treatment style much more cost effective than other methods. Here’s how to properly spot treat a pimple with Manuka honey.
- Cleanse and dry the area completely
- Apply a very small amount of manuka honey so that it completely covers your pimple
- Place a bandaid over the area to keep the honey in place
- Leave it overnight
- Remove the band-aid and rinse with warm water
- Go about your day like nothing happened
This is the proper way to spot treat a pimple or cyst using manuka honey.
If you’re interested in purchasing the honey, I suggest you check out your local Whole Foods market or Fresh Market. Chances are it’s not going to be cheap but it is well worth the price!