Everyone has their own specific needs as far as their skin care regimen is concerned. Some people are looking to keep their young, smooth skin looking attractive and flawless. Others unfortunately have wrinkles, fine lines, crows feet and more, and need to eliminate these unwanted problems immediately.
No matter what situation you happen to find yourself in, there are a couple of ways to come up with a viable solution. Some people prefer to use topical solutions to fight back against the signs of aging. Others will prefer injectable fillers like Botox, Xeomin and Dysport as their means of eliminating fine lines and wrinkles.
Here’s the thing… Everyone has their own preferences. Some people might not want to inject any form of botulism toxin into their body, especially their face. Others will prefer the quick effects of botulism toxin over topical solutions. Even though topical solutions definitely work in many instances, many people will prefer to get the fastest results possible for numerous reasons.
Some people might want to look younger because they have an important event coming up in their life, like a wedding, birthday party, important work event, etc. And still others have active social lives, so they want to look their best for these important events.
It doesn’t really matter which you prefer. We will look at each option in greater detail below and then you can determine whether or not topical solutions or injectables in the face are the right choice for you.
What Are Injectable Fillers?
We briefly touched upon this topic already, but it’s best to provide even further detail. Injectable fillers are those that contain Botulism Toxin A.
At the time of this writing, there are three particular brands of injectable fillers that are very popular right now. The names of these popular brands are Dysport, Xeomin, and Botox – which is obviously the most popular of the three.
Although there are currently three different popular brands, they all basically do the same thing, so it’s up to the skin care specialist as to which one he or she prefers to use during a specific procedure.
All in all, they each contain botulism toxin. They each paralyze the muscles in your face, and they will each take about two weeks in order for the patient to experience the maximum effects, although you’ll notice a major difference within the first 2 to 3 days.
How do Injectable Fillers Work?
Injectable fillers work quite effectively for anyone looking to temporarily eliminate fine lines and wrinkles. In fact, the injectable fillers known as Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport are very popular because they have the ability to paralyze the muscles in the face.
But why paralyze facial muscles?
In truth, this paralysis process is exactly what’s needed in order to smooth out the skin. You see, once the facial muscles are paralyzed, they begin to relax completely and the skin above them begins to smooth out. Once this happens, you will look a lot younger than you previously did before getting the injection.
All in all, it takes between 2 to 3 days to start experiencing the effects of Botox or one of the other two options previously mentioned. In two weeks you can definitely begin to see the maximum benefits from this procedure for women, and men might take as much as one month in order to experience the full benefits.
What Kind of Benefits Will I Experience When Using Injectable Fillers?
As you can imagine, there are many wonderful benefits to taking and using injectable fillers. The main benefits that I wanted to impress upon you include:
- No downtime required at all, and the procedure only takes between 15 to 20 minutes.
- The results are practically instant. You’ll start to experience great benefits within 2 to 3 days, and maximum benefits in about two weeks.
- There are no major risks to using filler injections and only minor side effects that include headaches, flulike symptoms, localized numbness, rashes, droopy eyelids, droopy eyebrows, slight redness and slight bruising at the site of the injection. As you can see, none of these potential side effects are very serious and every one of them will go away within a matter of days.
- Injectable fillers replenish facial volume.
- Injectable fillers have very few limitations.
What Are Topical Solutions?
As you already know, there are many wonderful wrinkle creams and topical solutions available to help eliminate the signs of aging. Mainly, the topical solutions to get rid of wrinkles include creams and serums.
For the most part, these creams and serums are very effective at eliminating the signs of aging, and they really do work to get rid of wrinkles, fine lines, crows feet, and more. The one caveat to remember is that when compared to injectable fillers like Botox, they will take longer for you to experience the greatest benefits.
How Do Topical Solutions Work?
Topical solutions work because they contain powerful active ingredients that help to eliminate the signs of aging. Some of the main ingredients found in these formulas include:
- Vitamin C – this powerful antioxidant helps to protect the skin against sun damage. We have product reviews like this one that are specifically made with vitamin c.
- Retinol – retinol is great because it is a vitamin A compound. This compound is found in many wrinkle creams. It is an antioxidant that can help to neutralize free radicals. Free radicals are actually unstable oxygen molecules that are known for causing wrinkles.
These are just two of the many wonderful ingredients found in topical solutions created to fight wrinkles.
What Kind of Benefits Will I Experience When Taking Topical Solutions?
The main benefits offered by topical solutions include:
- minimize the signs of wrinkles
- decrease the signs of age spots
- eliminates the appearance of dead skin cells
- skin moisturization
- helps the skin to stay tight and firm
At the end of the day, choosing between topical solutions and injectable fillers all comes down to personal preferences. Some people would prefer to avoid injectable fillers since it requires injecting toxic substances into their face. Others want quick results and choose Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport over topical solutions because they work fast. Consider your needs and make a decision from there.