Taking care of our skin is an absolute must. Do you know how to take care of your skin?
Having unattractive skin can leave us at a serious disadvantage in life. No one wants to believe it, but we are being judged by our peers all the time. And whether you know it or not – and you do since you do it yourself – people are looking at your skin way more than you might want to believe.
Ways to Take Care of Your Skin
The judgments of others, while not necessarily a good thing, do exist. So, it’s in your best interest to take care of your skin at all times. This way you don’t have to care about what others think. And, even more important, you get to feel good about yourself as you travel along through this crazy thing we call life.
With that said, let’s look closer at some of the best ways to take care of our skin.
4 Tips to Provide Maximum Protection for Your Skin
Deep down, we all know that we should take good care of our skin for a myriad of reasons. Just like many things in life, we don’t always know how. Or, we have a general idea, but we don’t always know the best skin care tips and techniques. This has to change if you intend to look and feel your best.
We have four outstanding tips to put you on the road to excellent skin care health. They are:
- Stop Smoking Cigarettes, Etc.
Tobacco products are the death of healthy skin, although this might seem like an odd statement to make, but it’s true.
Simply put, when you smoke, the chemical-filled substance has the ability to decrease the flow of blood to your skin by narrowing those small and tiny blood vessels that live in the outer skin layers. This decrease in the flow of blood to your skin causes a lack of oxygen to reach the skin. And it’s this lack of oxygen that will cause the biggest problems in the form of nutrient depletion.
But that’s not all. Not by a long shot.
Smoking is also well known for its ability to deplete collagen and elastin by damaging these two vital proteins necessary for gorgeous, wrinkle free skin. They are also two of the most popular ingredients in anti aging products, and for good reason.
Quitting smoking is one of, if not the best thing you could ever do for the health of your skin. Heed this warning and take this advice. Smoking takes years away from your life and makes you look old and wrinkled much earlier than necessary. Stomp that last cigarette butt out and never look back!
- Skin Protection From the Sun
The sun, the big bright red ball in the sky responsible for life on Earth as we know it, without which we couldn’t survive, also has a tendency to wreak havoc on the skin if you are too overexposed to it. This beautiful life-affirming star, unfortunately, can cause all types of skin problems including: wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and skin cancer, among other potential skin care difficulties.
The question that everyone needs to ask themselves is, “What can I do to limit damage from excessive sun exposure?”
If you are curious – and you darn well should be – we have some excellent suggestions for you today. They are:
- Avoid the sun when possible/find shade. The rays of the sun are powerful and can cause severe skin damage. It’s best to avoid it when it’s at its strongest during the day, between the hours of 10am to 2pm.
- Sunscreen is a must for proper skin care health. Most people are intelligent enough to know that they should wear sunscreen in the spring and summer when they plan to go the pool or the beach. This is great, but it isn’t enough. If you spend ample amounts of time in the sun, you need to wear sunscreen, at least SPF 15 or more, whenever you intend to be in direct contact with the sun for long stretches of time. Some examples: a one-hour hike, a picnic in the park, going to a baseball game in an outdoor stadium, etc.
- Protective clothing is your best friend. Last but not least, we recommend wearing protective clothing to limit your exposure to the sun. Wide brimmed hats, long sleeved shirts and long pants are always helpful. This is especially true if you have fair skin.
Please use these wonderful tips to limit your exposure to the sun. This is what proper skin care is all about!
- Eating a Healthy Diet is Best for Your Skin
Most people seem to know this tip on the surface, but many of us read so much conflicting information that we don’t actually know what constitutes a healthy diet. That appears to be the tricky part, or at least it used to. Now we know better.
For proper skin vigor, a healthy diet should consist of the following:
- Plenty of fresh fruits
- A plentiful supply of fresh veggies
- Healthful and life-affirming whole grains
- Lean, less fatty meats: unhealthy fats are bad for the skin
Vitamin C also plays a crucial role in skin health and longevity. Eat plenty of fruits and veggies that contain Vitamin C (ex. leafy greens, oranges, broccoli, berries, peas, tomatoes, citrus fruits, kiwifruits and papayas) and take a Vit. C supplement if you believe you aren’t getting enough from your food choices. It certainly can’t hurt, that’s for sure!
- Stress Management
We don’t always realize it, but stress can cause problems on a number of different levels. One such level is in regards to the health of our skin.
You see, when our stress levels are far out of control, skin problems could arise. Some people are much more susceptible to acne breakouts while under stress. Others break out in ugly looking hives and rashes. Keep your stress levels low to avoid unnecessary breakouts.
Taking care of your skin is a lot easier than you might think. This doesn’t need to be a chore. Follow the guidelines presented today and enjoy attractive skin.
If you are looking for products you can use on a daily basis, here are a few suggestions.
Elite Serum – perfect eye serum to turn back the clock.
Anti Aging Cleansers. A cleanser is a MUST if you are serious about keeping dirt and oils out of your pores.
The HGF Youth Elixir. This is a top tier serum with human growth factor.