How to Make a Sugar Scrub
- Mix sugar with olive oil in the ratio of 2 to 1. Mix it up very well.
- Add an equal amount of honey as well.
- Keep the scrub in an air-tight container
- Get your body fully wet and then apply the scrub
- Let it work for a minute
- Wash it off with cold water
- Your skin could get a bit roughened up. Remove it with a moisturizing lotion.
A variation of the basic sugar scrub is to add vanilla to it.
- Take a cup of brown sugar.
- Add half a cup of Almond oil. Grape seed oil is another option.
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract is now added. It can be added up with a half teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
The application is to be in the same way as the basic sugar scrub.
A bit of a more stronger option is a salt scrub. The oil can be chosen from a number of options such as coconut, almonds or vegetable. The proportion between the salt and the oil is the same as that between the sugar and the oil in the sugar scrub of 2 to 1. You can add an oil that adds a desired smell can be added to the mix. You need to apply the scrub in circular movements all over your body.
Another option for the salt scrub is to add lemon juice to the mix with olive oil. The mix gets a great character with the smell of the lemon. When you add a natural herb such as lavender to the mix, it achieves great heights in its ability to create a rejuvenated body and mind. One lemon is enough while about four tablespoons of olive oil can be added to a cup of salt. Epsom salt and sea salt can be used for this scrub.
A very interesting scrub is the coffee scrub.The proportion between the sugar and the coffee can be kept equal.
- Take one cup of coffee grounds and one cup of white or brown sugar
- Oil can be added in a higher proportion, from one to one and a half cups. An equal amount of oil can be added as can also be an oil that adds a desirable smell. Both coconut oil and almond oil can be added if you so wish. The coffee grounds have to be in a lower proportion than the sugar.
- Now, we come to a delicious scrub which is made of chocolate. Here too, the oil can be in a higher proportion than the sugar while the cocoa powder is kept at a lower proportion to the sugar. Brown sugar can be used in this scrub. Equally delicious is a mango scrub which is made with similar proportions with raw mangoes.
Each of these scrubs you can make at home will get your body and face into a level of beauty and health that is bound to make you feel special. You can get a scrub on a weekly basis or even a couple of times in a week if you have the time.