Cocoa and coffee masks have been almost every beauty aficionado’s favorite for a while now mainly due to their benefits. They are used to decrease puffiness around the eyes and brighten the skin and can help you fight your complexion as well. Another main reason why these are so famous is the ease they offer. The ingredients used in the production are easily available and these are very easy to make yourself.
Most of the ingredients required are readily available in the kitchen and can also be substituted so you will hopefully not have to worry about adding items to your shopping list. The staples of this special mask are cocoa powder and coffee, but you can add other items like honey and yogurt if they suit your skin type. Here’s a tip:
- If you have dry skin then you can add honey or yogurt
- If you have oily skin then you can add lemon juice
- If you have dehydrated skin then you can add oils.
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder ( unsweetened)
- 4 tablespoon coffee beans (grounded)
- 8 tablespoon of yogurt, whole milk or heavy cream (unflavored). You can also use coconut milk or almond oil as the mask allows you to substitute easily. Make sure you do not add a lot of these as it may make the mask very runny.
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice or honey, based on your skin type
- Start with grinding the beans using a professional grinder. You have to do it properly as if the beans are not properly grounded you may end up scratching your face.
- Now take a bowl and mix cocoa powder and coffee in a bowl using a spoon.
- Add the desired dairy product and stir the mixture until it is smooth and in the form of a paste. The amount of dairy product you use will change the form of your mixture.
- Add the honey after warming it for a few seconds in the microwave as warm honey is easier to mix.
- The paste is now ready to be applied and can be applied to your face and also your neck.
- Allow the mask a few minutes to apply and then use a washcloth to carefully loosen the mask. Lastly, use warm water to rinse the face and clean it.
- You can store the leftover in a jar as it is good for a few days. You can avoid using it when the mask changes its color.