Finding the best pore cleanser might seem like a daunting and difficult task, but it’s actually going to be a lot easier than you’d think, as long as you follow our guidance. You see, we’ve helped countless men and women find the perfect cleanser for their pores and we’d like to help you too.
What to Look for in Top Pore Cleansers
There are certain things to look for in a pore cleanser, and on the flip side, there are also certain ingredients that you should avoid. Some cleansers might contain harsh chemicals. Others might be known to dry out your skin. Still others might have ingredients that could potentially heal your skin. So you have to learn the difference between the good and the bad in order to make the ideal choice. And that’s exactly what we’re going to help you determine today. Let’s get to it.
5 Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Pore Cleanser
Remember, if you follow our guidance, finding the best cleanser for your pores is going to be much easier than you imagined. Our favorite tips include:
- Emollients make huge difference – when choosing a pore cleanser, it’s best to find one that contains emollients. Why? It’s simple. Emollients are beneficial because they are a natural moisturizer. This is great for the skin because it helps to prevent – or reverse – skin dryness. It’s also an excellent ingredient for the prevention of skin irritation. Two of the top plant-based emollients, found in high quality products, are shea butter and macadamia oil. Neither of these ingredients will leave your skin feeling greasy or your pores clogged. Macadamia oil is also great because it helps to slow down the skin cell aging process.
- Mild cleansing agents are a must – top pore cleansers should always contain mild cleansing agents. Why? Simply put, these agents will remove excess dirt and grime, but they will do so gently. Two top notch mild cleansing agents are bentone gel and kaolin. They are excellent because they leave your skin’s natural oil and moisture but remove the unwanted dirt clogging your pores.
- Harsh chemicals have got to go – nobody wants to ruin their skin by applying harsh chemicals to it. That would be foolish, right? Yet some companies continue to try to pull the wool over their customers’ eyes by adding these ingredients to their formulas. Avoid products that contain parabens, sulfates, fragrances and alcohols. They can dry out your skin and make it look old, worn out and unattractive.
- Healing ingredients add that extra special something – some ingredients have the ability to heal the skin better than others. Find pore cleansers containing ingredients that will clean the pores and heal the skin. One ingredient to look for is Manuka honey. It can heal damaged skin and boost the immune system.
- Stay young with anti aging ingredients – cleansers with anti aging ingredients are a plus. Find ones containing COQ10, keratin, retinol, hydroquinone, sunscreen, antioxidants and more.
Finding a top quality pore cleanser will be easy if you follow the guidelines shared with you today. We have reviews of many cleansers made with anti aging properties on this page.